Twenty Adorable Quotes for Seniors
Can the life of a senior be described?
No! Objects can be described, but seniors are people and people cannot be described – especially seniors.
You have to live and experience it to know how it is to be one. So if you are not, be patient. You will soon find out.
Suffice it is to say that seniors are a diverse lot and how they live and experience their lives is highly individual-oriented.
But they are all driven by the same desire – to be happy.
These 20 adorable will augment that desire:
1. The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.
2. lt is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
3. By the time you are 80-yrs-old you have learned everything. You just have to remember it.
4. In order to be old and wise, it is necessary to be young and stupid
5. At my age, I’ve seen it all, I’ve heard it all and I’ve done it before. I just can’t remember it all.
6. I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.
7. The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes.
8. Wrinkles were not one of the things I wanted to have when I grew up.
9. It’s frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you questions.
10. I have a photographic memory. Unfortunately, it no longer offers same day service.
11. Young at heart, slightly older in other places.
12. I’m not aging. I’m marinating.
13. You know you are getting old when your pacemaker opens the garage door when you see a pretty girl.
14. You know you are getting old when everything hurts and what doesn’t doesn’t work.
16. Old age takes away what we’ve inherited, and gives us what we’re earned.
17. Age isn’t important unless you’re wine.
18. Aging is not “lost youth” but a new stage of opportunity and strength.
19. Do not try to live forever. You will not succeed.
20. Sex after 60 is like shooting pool with a rope.
And to inspire you all, be like George…
When asked by friends what he was doing now that he’s retired, his usual answer is:
“Well…I’m fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, and whiskey into urine. It’s rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it.”
Groucho Marx said, “Anyone can get old, all you have to do is to live long enough.”
If you are reading this, you have lived long enough.
Please share these quotes with other seniors who need cheering up.